I have been craving the flavors of the season! Cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and heavier dishes + desserts have been speaking to my soul and tummy! (You guys have been feeling the same, as we’ve learned from recent convos with you!)
The major drawback? Richer dishes usually mean decadent ingredients that add to weight gain and food comas, making it a heckuva lot harder to rally for a work-out or rise and shine for an early-morning sweat sesh, am I right?
Not with this recipe! Made with all the ingredients below, the S&R Gluten Free Snappy Apple Crisp, gives you all the feels of the season without feeling a tightness in your waistline! Try it as a dessert or breakfast, share with friends or bring to the office potluck! It’s a cinch to make, fits within a shoestring budget and leaves guests asking for the recipe!
Gluten Free Snappy Apple Crisp
Yields 6-8 servings
- 6 medium-sized apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- ½ c brown sugar, date sugar, or monk fruit extract
- ½ c old fashioned oats
- ¼ c butter + 2 Tbl butter
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt, if unsalted butter
- 1 ½ Tbl lemon juice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F and place skillet into oven as it heats.
- After 5-10 minutes, remove skillet and melt 1 Tbl of butter, spreading it around the sides and bottom.
- In a bowl with clean hands, pinch the sugar, oats, butter, cinnamon and sea salt together until it resembles crumbles.
- Place apples into skillet, spreading oat mixture onto the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until apples are tender and oats are browned slightly.
- Enjoy as dessert, breakfast or as a pancake topping!
Sneak in this healthier take on Apple Pie and share your secret with friends and family!
Cheers to your Health and Holidays!