Spruce up your salad this summer with an unexpected twist and a deliciously fresh vinaigrette!
Pamplemousse Greens is one of my favorite summer salads! It’s simple, yet refreshing and impresses every time. It makes a beautiful side salad for a poolside BBQ or as a stunning main dish with salmon. Although your friends may love it for it’s tang, sweetness and crunch, you’ll love it for its heavy-hitting nutrients like vitamin C, lycopene and a slew of other antioxidants and minerals that revive the skin, detox the bod and hydrate, too. It’s so good, you may not even want to share!
Is there any wonder this salad is one of the S&R summer staples!?
Pamplemousse Greens Salad + Vinaigrette Fraiche
- 6 cups baby kale, spinach or both
- 1.5 large grapefruit, peeled
- 2 avocados
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 grapefruit peeled
- 1/4 c. chopped yellow or white onion
- 1/4 c. EVOO
- 2 Tbl. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbl. water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- If greens are not yet washed, rinse, then dry using a salad spinner or a dish towel.
- Divide the grapefruit into sections, then tear or slice into bite-sized pieces; you’ll use 1 1/2 of the grapefruit for the salad. The other half you’ll use in the dressing.
- Slice the avocado into moderately thin slices.
- Slice the cucumber thinly.
- Create a bed of the clean greens, then place the remaining ingredients on top.
- Tear the remaining grapefruit into bite-sized pieces, if you have not already, and squeeze all the juice into the a sealable jar or plastic container (Gladware, Tupperware, etc.). Leave the fruit sections intact and include them in the jar, if desired.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Tightly close the container to ensure no spillage
- Once all the ingredients are fully combined, the Vinaigrette Fraiche dressing is done!
- Plate your salad and lightly pour the dressing over it, and enjoy!