Rich and decadent without the dose of guilt, these Gluten Free Chocolate Carmel Cookies are the perfect cookie for any occasion, including a holiday cookie swap! Less than thirty minutes from start to mouthwatering deliciousness make them an even-sweeter holiday favorite!
Gluten Free Chocolate Caramel Cookies
Yields 12 cookies
- 3 oz dark chocolate caramel bar, broken or chopped (our favorite are these)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter (include 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt if butter is unsalted)
- 3/4 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup monk fruit extract, date sugar or other sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Soften the butter by heating on the stove at low temp or in the microwave at 60% for 15-second intervals until soft.
- Blend the oats, butter, sugars, cacao, baking soda, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the gluten-free flour and chocolate pieces until combined into the dough mixture.
- Add the water gradually until the dough is chunky, but not crumbly.
- Drop two teaspoons of dough for each cookie, placing 1 1/2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve, indulge and enjoy!
What are your favorite cookies for the Holidays? Do you make any substitutions to skip the guilt? Share them with us below!