Wow, this smoothie. It’s so good, it can easily be misconstrued for dessert! Particularly if you freeze it and serve it as such 🙂 Nothing like a delicious finish to a meal that also packs a punch of antioxidant goodness for your whole body! The coffee and sweetness of the cherries offer a richness to the flavor that is satiating and indulgent. Enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or even dessert!
Cherry Cordial Smoothie
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/4 cup frozen, pitted cherries
- 1/4 banana
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- 2 Tbl of avocado
- Optional: cacao powder, maca, ground flax seeds
- Toppings: chia seeds, granola, seeds, etc. Go nuts! #punny
Tell us about your favorite smoothie! Share your ideas below on how you improve your desserts to get a gentle sweetness without a sugar overload!
Wishing you a life of greens, grace and gluten-free goodness!
You guys know that I use the kitchen as an apothecary of sorts, particularly favoring smoothies. Smoothies provide a slew of nutrition – particularly antioxidants, veggies and superfoods – with little work and minimal prep time, which makes my life easier. With little effort and maximum benefits, smoothies are a go-to meal or snack for any busy bee.
You’ve heard it before that a healthy lifestyle is made of small, consistent choices that benefit you over the long-haul. Mental, emotional, or physical, these small changes made over time compound to bring about lasting ease in your body! Swap that pack of Skittles or BLT with fries for a nutrient-packed smoothie once or twice a week and you will see results.
To get you started, here’s a powerhouse packed with antioxidants to fight free radicals & inflammation (which could present as joint pain, redness in the skin, brain fog) and veggies, healthy fat, and protein to stabilize blood sugar and give you a lasting feeling of fullness. This one is particularly helpful after a night on the town or weekend girls’ trip!
After The Party Smoothie
- 1/2 c. frozen cherries
- 1/2 c. ice
- 1/2 nut or seed milk
- 1 c. H2O
- 1/3 c. raw cauliflower
- 1-2 scoops protein powder; this one in vanilla is our fave these days!
- 1 tbl cacao powder
- 1 tbl avocado
- 1 tsp maca
- 1/3 banana
- Optional add-in’s: turmeric, chia seeds, flax seeds or flax oil, goji berries, whatever else you choose!
- Except for the banana, blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Slice banana on top.
- If you opt for chia seeds, stir them into the smoothie once blending is complete.
- Try it out, make it your own and tell us all about it!
We love hearing how you incorporate healthy recipes and habits into your lifestyle, then share those tips with those around you. A rising tide lifts all ships, and together, we can help shape a healthier, happier world! Share this recipe with anyone on social media or in real life who might enjoy it, or better yet make it together! Cheers to your health.