This one-pan, quick and easy, yet healthy dinner is perfect for a night in with your sweetie or as a family dinner after a long day in the office. It’s also a great way to use up some leftover brown rice and fit in some extra veggies. As with all the dishes we whip up at Sprout and Rosebud, the below measurements are flexible. Adjust to your own liking! If you would prefer to add some sort of protein, like tofu, shrimp, fish, or chicken, cook that in a separate pan before mixing together towards the end.
What You’ll Need
– 1 1/2 cups of veggies (Raw or Cooked)
– 2 raw eggs
– 2 c. of cooked rice
– 2 Tbl of your favorite oil (or a blend. I use olive oil and sesame oil)
– 1 tsp tumeric
– 1- 2 Tbl Hoisin Sauce
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1/2 tsp garlic salt
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 1 tsp chili paste
– Sriracha to taste
*Serves two moderately hungry adults
What You’ll Do
1. Place the raw veggies in a pan and sauté with the oil.
You want the veggies to maintain their color and a tad of crispness. Vibrant color and crispness mean the veggies have maintained their nutrients, which is what we want. If you use carrots, pre-steam, as they take much longer than most other veggies, such as onions, peppers, zucchini and squash, to sauté. If your veggies are already cooked, add them to the pan in the oil and heat through.
2. Add your eggs and “scramble” in the pan with your veggies on Medium-High heat.
3. Once the eggs are starting to clump, but still wet, toss in your rice.
4. Cook for 5-10 minutes. You want the eggs to be cooked and the rice to be heated through, but without overcooking the veggies.
5. Add the remaining seasonings, stir through and serve.
6. Add Sriracha to taste once served and ENJOY!!