(beautiful photo cred: EverydayGourmet.com)
Looking for a fun, easy and satisfying snack or dessert for a Sprout in your house? Here’s a KID-FRIENDLY RECIPE for a tapioca-like pudding. Kids love the texture, and they can help make it, too! Spoiler Alert: It’s also a delicious snack or dessert for adults!
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ c agave or honey, OR a few tablespoons of powdered stevia (check the container for equivalents, particularly if you opt for liquid stevia, which is not a 1:1 ratio!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or almond if you’re nut-safe)
- ½ c chia seeds (read about the benefits here!)
- Optional: raisins, goji berries, cinnamon, cocoa… Get creative!
*Additional Note: Use a 4:1 liquid to chia seed ratio, so if you’re looking for only half of a cup of pudding, then use 1-2 Tbl of chia seeds.
- Warm the milk until it’s above room temperature
- Whisk the other ingredients into the milk (No whisk? Grab a fork!)
- Cool until pudding-like consistency
- If the pudding is too thick for your, or your Sprout’s, taste, whisk in a little more milk even if it’s cooled; if it’s too runny, warm it just until it steams, then whisk in a little more chia and let it cool.
- If you’re running short on prep time, grab a mason jar or sealable plastic container, add the above ingredients, shake and let it sit. You’ll get the same result, but it takes a little longer to gel.